Job Title: Software Engineer
As Software Engineer, you will:
- Work with the Product and Business Development teams to build the next generation of Machinima products.
- Develop Machinima’s content management and delivery platform using Ruby, the Padrino web app framework, MySQL and other time-tested web technologies.
- Build and optimize our software to be performant, scalable, extensible and measurable.
- Discover, experiment with, and recommend new technologies for our stack.
- Integrate Facebook and other social networking services to enhance our products and improve the user experience.
- Monitor dependent libraries or services for updates and changes that will impact our systems.
See below for the requirements to apply for the Software Engineer position.
- Have 3+ years of experience building dynamic web applications using frameworks like Padrino, Rails or some other comparable framework. (If you’re not currently using Ruby or Padrino, but are familiar with something comparable, give us a call. Smart people are smart people, regardless of the language.)
- Be comfortable working with databases, schema design and have a practical understanding of SQL. We’re not looking for experts, but you should recognize obviously bad schema design when you see it.
- Understand how the web ‘works’. Basic things like standard browser features, browser privacy policies, client/server interaction and client-side scripting should be very familiar to you.
- Be a strong communicator. We are a small team with big team challenges. Working in a transparent and coordinated way is critical to our success.
- Have a passion for and be up-to-date on the greatest web technologies and techniques (HTML5, NoSQL, etc.). Contributing to open source projects is a plus.
- Be a team player. A positive, open-minded attitude is a must.