Sales Training Manager
Los Angeles, CA
Machinima is the dominant video
entertainment network for serious gamers around the world.
The number one entertainment channel on YouTube, Machinima serves over 2 billion video
views a month, and reaches over 200 million viewers monthly. Machinima’s global content
network features official publisher content, gameplay videos and original content, including over
20 original weekly shows, all aimed at the coveted 18 – 34 year old male demographic.
Machinima is fast-becoming a global phenomenon with an ability to capture a cultural sensibility
and awareness among a next generation of entertainment consumers and marketers alike. The
company is headquartered in Hollywood, California.
Machinima is seeking a Sales Trainer with a high level of enthusiasm, exhibiting passion and excitement over training content, has a can-do attitude and a commanding presence. This is a key role in our rapidly growing organization and has high visibility, mission critical responsibilities and outstanding career potential. This position requires a high level of teamwork, reaching out to peers and cooperating with management teams to establish an overall collaborative working relationship. The Sales Trainer will be able to quickly adjust to changing priorities, generate new and innovative approaches to training and demonstrate ability to anticipate needed changes as it pertains to the training curriculum. As an individual contributor the role will be responsible for being an expert in our product set, gathering materials and helping produce the “playbooks” that our sales teams use in the field every day when discussing our marketing solutions with customers. The position reports directly to the Director of Sales Operations & Communications.
- Understanding of all Machinima ad products in order to help the sales organization become more consultative with marketers.
- Preparation of new Account Executives by conducting orientation to sales process; providing resources and assistance; and scheduling education forums and meetings as necessary.
- Develops individual results by maintaining process for engagement (“playbooks”) with customers based on a certain product mix; providing coaching; conducting training sessions; developing outcome improvement resources.
- Supports training financial objectives by training on financial processes; controlling costs and helping drive sales with higher margin product offerings.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes sales training and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Key Success Criteria:
- The ideal candidate is someone who has:
o A strong sales background preferably with live presentation skills and a technical aptitude.
o Experience working with a mid to large scale sales team in the digital media industry.
o Experience training a sales team on all aspects of selling a digital media package including but not limited to product education, objection handling, competitive differentiation, and the presentation of a value proposition.
o This role is about 50% delivery, 25% project management, and 25% content creation and revising presentations and sales materials.
o Approximately 25% travel domestically is expected.
- Motivation and ambitious, driven and passionate about servicing a sales organization.
- Experience working in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment where organization and attention to detail is critical.
· 4+ years’ training and development experience.
· 4+ years’ experience supporting a sales organization.
· Training management, performance management, sales planning or skill in equivalent area preferred.
· Previous sales experience a plus.
· Digital media background a plus.
- BA/BS degree required