In this position as a Data Engineer you will work with the Data Architect to help define, plan, and implement the company’s data strategy. The Data Engineer will be analyzing data feeds and writing ETL scripts to get the data into our data warehouse.
As a Data Engineer, the successful candidate will also be supporting the various components of the data warehouse ensuring their performance, availability, reliability, scalability and security.
- 2+ years experience with Data Warehouse and Data Mining technologies.Building ETL scripts and supporting complex data aggregation and modeling.
- MySQL DB administration, configuration and optimization.
- Experience with NoSQL and distributed data processing technologies like Hadoop, MongoDB, etc.
- SQL development of (queries, extraction, optimization, reporting & schema creation).
- Strong understanding of data warehouse and database design principles.
- Experience integrating 3rd party data sources.
- Parsing with tools such as Ruby, Python, JAVA, AWK, Perl, etc.
- Familiar with BI/DW tools like: Pentaho, Tableau, MicroStrategy, Teradata and Asterdata.
- Good understanding of Linux and basic shell scripting.
- Passionate about data and a desire for continuous learning.